2009년 10월 13일 화요일

Chuseok '09 Holiday - Manila Post Typhoon Ondoy

October 6, 2009.

It's my final day in the Philippines and high time that I take a break from all the Philippine typhoon relief operations (not that I'm complaining though)

Met up with university dorm mates: Doc Nino on the far end, Dennis from Japan, and Leya who I thought is also from Japan. Dennis & Leya I have not met in the past 7 years!

Oh yeah, my university room mate Ebe is also on the scene. That San Mig Strong Ice was cooled Sub Zero! Because a chilled beer glass in tropical Manila is simply not enough.

Before meeting my friends in Greenbelt Makati, I came from a fantastic Korean comedy film Driving My Wife's Lover in Edsa Shangrila where the free Korean Film Fest extended its run. But before this vacation, I did come from Seoul, where I passed by to get to the airport.

We did rock hard! Oh, they did.

It's her birthday tomorrow..Happy birthday, Leya!

Oh yeah, parang Yakal Open House party lang.

Centerstage Family KTV & Resto Bar in Jupiter, Makati deserves the Resto part of its name. The food is awesome and the service is very good. And we were lucky to be there in time for the 50% off on room rental for a group of at least 4 guys.

The rest of the day we met with another dorm mate Bob for lunch still in Makati, balikbayans Dennis & I pampered ourselves in Greenbelt, and I met with Ikka after 4 years for a Spanish film and a walk at Bonifacio High Street.

Manila may have been wetted by typhoons but life goes on. It was a good kiss goodbye before flying back here in Korea.

댓글 없음: