2009년 8월 16일 일요일

Summer Holidays '09 As Seen By Others

August 3

As President Cory Aquino's body was moved from Greenhills to Manila Cathedral, I also moved from my hometown to my university where I watched award winning Cinemalaya pics.

I was indeed lucky enough to meet Dinig Sana Kita (DSK) director Mike Sandejas who got me a ticket in his already sold out screening. I met most of his family and had another memorable screening of a Sandejas film in UP. The other one takes me back to 2007 when straight from Boracay, I would watch his first feature film Tulad Ng Dati (now out on DVD!) and right after the screening see The Dawn perform right in front of UP Cine Adarna. Mike's film and screenings are both awesome so far!

Here are 3 pics during the DSK screening grabbed from Zoe Sandejas's facebook. She is the very talented lead actress of the film. The other lead actor noteworthy of mentioning is Rome Mallari, a real deaf yet very talented person. He happens to celebrate his birthday yesterday.. Happy birthday man!

To lead is to serve. Zoe, in yellow, happens to be an active student leader in her hgh school.

I had to wait my turn to tell her she will be a big star soon and of couse have our pic taken~

I gamely smiled for the DSK cam!

August 4

After seeing all 4 Cinemalaya films screened in UP (including a chance sighting of Carlo Mendoza!), I braved the tropical rains and headed to Bagoong Club in Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City to have dinner with my dorm friends.

Here are pics from Ebe's facebook:

Very good Filipino food with very good prices and with very good friends. It's as perfect as the fried chicken with bagoong!

Doms left after dinner and we met up with Berns who came straight from brainstorming her latest film project (clue: Mommy Dionisia, Erap, Ai Ai) for coffee.

August 6

We took the Italian Embassy's guest tix for the Silent Film Festival in Edsa Shangrila CInema. This pic from Ebe is taken after the psychedelic screening synched with the music of Kalayo (formerly Pinikpikan Band) and after the Crocodile Grill dinner where I also met up with my prospective dealer of Lena's Samsung Jet phone.

I am sporting a yellow G Shock for Tita Cory!

More vacation stories to follow in the coming days...

댓글 없음: