2008년 8월 25일 월요일

August 25, 2008: Farewell to Summer '08

L-R: Noks, Ka Berto, Me, Lena. Chillin' out at the SeaDrill '07 Beach Party
(click photo for more party pics)

Beijing Olympics closed yesterday and I am watching again the amazing Closing Ceremonies. How I wish the Opening will be replayed as well. Summer Olympics over. Summer over.

It is now surprisingly Fall season in Korea. The tree in front of my apartment has turned reddish because of its fruits, I now require a blanket during the early morning, and soon I may be needing to wear my jacket to come in and out of the office. All these changes seem to happen abruptly during my short summer vacay.

Along with the change of season comes timely changes in my own activities. Last weekend, I started playing bowling seriously by joining a tournament with other Pinoys, after working both Saturday and Sunday (I think a first for the year!). I just came from meeting my new English language student, we will be starting our lessons tomorrow. The inflation is hitting me hardly I have to take a second job, one that I can equally enjoy as my original work.

As for the Summer '08, it was one great quick heatwave. China with my parents and sister was very memorable. The beaches of Cebu and Bohol will always be missed. And Manila always have its new charms. Maybe a year later, I will be posting pics and stories from this trips^^

Whatever the season, life goes on. It may not be always sunny, but we keep on living, breathing.

댓글 없음: