2009년 2월 21일 토요일

My First Lunar New Year Vacay As Seen By Others - 2nd Part

February 1. Day 9.

I would call February The Mountain Month in 3 Countries. Started the month in my only out of town trip and my first mountain hike in the Philippines during my vacay in Mount Pinatubo. Here are some of my pics courtesy of Mar and his friends, out travelmates in this trip:

"we arrived at capas a little later at 6 am. then at about 630, the adventure began via a 4x4 ride through the skyway. the bumpy, ashy, wet ride was about an hour long, but was worthwhile since the sight will simply take your breath away. the "skyway" also serves as the battlefield between the philippine army and the american soldiers during balikatan exercises"- Mar, who did a great job post processing the photos (that was me beside the driver)

"we reached the "jump-off" point just before 8 pm"- Mar in white cap, shown here with his friends (that was me under the nipa shade)

"and then the climb begins" - Mar who will go to Bali soon (that was me in red cap climbing ahead of the pack together with Joanna)

"the trek, i must say is pretty much straightforward, no dangerous cliffs of death to be afraid of. the hardest part of the climb was the beginning (since we're literally climbing down rocks and boulders, making our way through their narrow openings). aside from that, there was nothing more to worry about but the slippery river stones and dangerous clumsy falls into the pointed rocks/boulders along the trail." - Mar who will post more pics later (that was me who did the stone prayer tower)

The next day, I flew to Kota Kinabalu (KK) in Malaysia. Mount Kinabalu happens to be the highest peak in South East Asia.

And now, I am back in the mountainous land area of South Korea.

THANKS MAR, FOR THE WORDS AND PICS!

댓글 없음: